Peer System significantly improves the welfare of both animal and human:
- Improved end product quality: a decrease in damage and injuries reduces losses to a minimum.
- Significant physical load decrease for your staff: your staff is no longer required to do physically strenuous work.
- The chickens are caught by the machine and are not grabbed by their feet. The calm catching process significantly decreases damage such as broken legs, wings or breast area.
- The system does not use crates or containers. This also contributes towards significantly decreasing damage when catching.
- Chicken catchers become machine operators and no longer have to physically exert themselves.
- The chickens are in a well-ventilated environment during transportation. This prevents heat stress and all chickens have sufficient oxygen.
Catch chickens mechanically with the special Peer System chicken catching machine, the ChickenCat. Automatic loading of the chickens has many advantages when compared to picking them up by their legs manually.
- The chickens are not stressed but remain calm.
- Efficiency: Use two shuttles and one catching machine to catch and load 9,000 chickens per hour.
- The calm catching of the chickens leads to fewer damage to the animals.
- Significant physical load reduction for your staff. Chicken catchers become machine operators.
- The efficient built-in weighing system in the shuttles provides the exact weight of the loaded animals.
- Reduction in labor costs. Only four people are required for an efficient catching and loading process.
The Peer System trailers have been designed especially for the transportation of live chickens. The closed truck trailer is equipped with its own power supply to ensure the ventilation system always provides enough fresh air to the chickens.
- No heat stress: the mechanical ventilation during transportation ensures sufficient fresh air not just when driving but also when standing still in a traffic jam or when unloading at the slaughterhouse.
- Sufficient ventilation during transportation in cold and hot weather. Standing still or delays during transportation do not increase the risk of additional losses.
- The truck trailer is equipped with a GPS system. An SMS warning message is sent automatically when the set temperature is exceeded.
- The trailer can serve as a buffer before unloading at the slaughterhouse: the climate system remains in operation even when standing still.
- The chickens are loaded directly onto ten moving floors; no crates or containers are required.
- By not using crates or containers, the maintenance costs are reduced.
- The maximum transportation load is 18,000 kg of chickens in one go.
- Peer System meets the legal minimum dimensions per chicken (160 cm²/kg) during transportation.
- The total weight of the loaded truck trailer including the truck remains under 40,000 kg. This is well below the permissible maximum weight.
Chickens are unloaded at the slaughterhouse via a conveyor belt with adjustable height. The supply of chickens to the slaughterhouse is guaranteed by placing two truck trailers next to each other. The supply is also guaranteed when switching from one truck trailer to the other.
- Better hygiene: only chickens enter the slaughterhouse; no crates or containers.
- Saving space at the slaughterhouse: no crates or containers enter the slaughterhouse which would need to be stored.
- Fewer technical machines: the chickens are moved from the truck trailer to the slaughterhouse via a conveyor belt. This does not require stackers, destackers or forklift truck trailers.
- Fewer staff: a single operator in the supply area is enough to unload the chickens.
- Adjustable speed: the speed at which the chickens are unloaded can be set and therefore the speed can be adjusted to the slaughter line speed.
- Parallel unloading: the unloading of the chickens can be in parallel to the existing system allowing the company to switch to a 100% Peer System over time.
- No empty hooks at the slaughter line: two trailers can be placed next to each other to ensure the supply of chickens in not interrupted.
The truck trailers are cleaned at the special truck trailer wash area.
- The trailers are fully cleaned and disinfected using an innovative semi-automatic wash process.
- The trailers are cleaned in a special truck trailer wash area.
- A single employee takes care of the cleaning using the semi-automatic hydraulically driven truck trailer wash machine.
- Smart water management ensures clean water is saved during the cleaning process.
- The trailers can be easily disinfected using the ventilation system.
- The trailers can also be dried using the ventilation system to ensure the chickens are always loaded into a dry environment.